A simple Python script to enable dynamic DNS services for the tinyDNS DNS software.
- djbdns is a simple, fast DNS server.
- I like the ‘DJB way’ (although I use ‘runit’ instead of ‘daemontools’).
- Dynamic DNS is handy.
Tinydnsdyn is a simple script to enable dynamic DNS for the DNS server written by Dan Bernstein, tinydns. It fills a small hole that was missing on one of my previous jobs and was written quickly and roughly to fill that void.
It is pretty simple but here are some of its features:
- It uses Python which is available on most *nix servers.
- It is designed to be run using daemontools (or similar) which if you are running tinydns then you will most likely already have that up and running.
- It works much like dyndns.com’s update service so you should be able to use its clients also.
- Simple logging
- You can use it from your OpenWRT box
So see how it fits you.
Code can be grabbed from the tinydnsdyn Git repository.